Senior Software Engineer
Contract To Hire
"Senior Software Engineer"
with one of our direct clients in
for initial contract duration of
No third party candidates considered for this position. US citizens and all those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
Our Client brand is seeking a Sr Software Engineer for a full-time position .
Our Client is the market leading provider of technology services to the client industry. Our engineering organization takes pride in building innovative products that make our customers successful. We are passionate about building great software while having fun doing it. The result is an award-winning culture in which everyone is approachable, ideas are judged on their merits, and healthy, empowered people drive transformative technology.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will work in a collaborative agile team environment that encourages you to perform at your best and challenges you to engineer elegant solutions for complex business challenges. You will apply your knowledge of object-oriented design along with engineering best practices, design patterns, and frameworks to deliver real product value.
Java, Spring, AWS (EMR, ECS, EC2, S3, Glue, Athena, QuickSight, Lambda, API Gateway, SQS, Kinesis, Terraform, CloudFront, CloudWatch, RDS), Active MQ, Maven, NewRelic/DataDog/SumoLogic, Cucumber, REST/gRPC, Hibernate, MySQL, GitHub, TeamCity/Jenkins, Apache Airflow
- Develop advertising solutions for the expanding digital advertising space including Connected TV, OTT, Music Streaming, YouTube, Facebook, Google Search and Display
- Design, build and support cloud-native applications that serve our digital advertising stakeholders
- Establish patterns for our organization that deliver our software products at scale with observability, performance and security
- Design and build service-oriented architecture solutions, constructing and managing services published to both internal and external consumers, integrating with complex database and third-party components
- Engage with your agile scrum team to build a culture of passion, trust and creativity
- Learn and leverage the automotive digital advertising domain to change the way the world buys, sells and uses cars
What We Look For:
- Experience designing and implementing applications with highly optimized and scalable architectures with an emphasis on AWS technologies
- Proven ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction
- Strong Java skills and object-oriented design experience, including working knowledge of the Java web technology platform and applied use of design patterns
- Strong database development skills including a solid understanding of database technologies, and logical and physical data modeling
- Experience implementing automated tests and observability, monitoring and alerting
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies desired
- Knowledge of digital advertising is a plus
Top 5 Must Haves:
- Java Stack (well versed in the stack and coding)
- Cloud experience (AWS preferred, will consider alternative exp)
- Culture fit / Communication (Can speak to experiences, have worked in a agile/team development environment)
- DevOps experience (worked with development pipeline tools, automated testing, etc)
- Passionate / Innovator / inquisitive: Always learning, questioning
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field. Advanced technical degree and/or related training a plus
- 5+ years of multi-threaded server-side web application development experience