Senior Software Engineer
New Hyde Park,
Contract To Hire
"Senior Software Engineer"
with one of our direct clients in
New Hyde Park, New York
for initial contract duration of
No third party candidates considered for this position. US citizens and all those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
Our Client , we offer the chance to do your best work and to help lead the digital revolution of the auto industry. Our Software Engineers are energetic influencers who have built a world-class software platform for Client from the ground up. Collaboration is woven into the fabric of everything we do; from 24-hour Hackathons to sprint reviews and scrum teams, you’ll be immersed in an environment that nurtures individualism, creative problem-solving, and intellect.
In your role you will analyze and resolve complex problems associated with application systems, and then detect, diagnose, and report related problems. The Software Engineer will coordinate work with their Agile Team.
- Review, analyze and test current systems to ensure optimal functionality and make calculated modifications based on desired results
- Analyze and resolve complex problems associated with applications systems
- Detect, diagnose and report related problems
- Participate in development of new industry-leading products using our tech stack
- Collaborate on best practices, code reviews, internal tools and process improvement
- Develop Web application/Microservices using the Python/Django technology
- Integrate the User Interface screens with REST services.
- Develop Web application using ReactJS.
Top 5 Must Haves:
- Demonstrated ability to solve tough problems
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical discussions
- Ability to work with and develop other engineers
Technology We Use:
- Bachelor’s Degree; preferably in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and 5 years’ experience OR 9 years relevant experience.
- Proficient experience with Python, Django REST for 3+ years preferred. Comparable Java experiences and willing to learn Python is also acceptable.
- Proficient with SQL and working knowledge with Oracle database.
- Solid understanding of web technology and experience using or creating web-based REST APIs
- Experience working in an environment that requires coordination of efforts between Engineering, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, and Product Management
- Experienced with Agile development methodologies and working experience in agile teams.
- Results-oriented ability to respond to a changing business environment
- Strong understanding of version control systems GITHUB and Jenkins
- Working knowledge with Docker, create and deploy application running in Docker containers.
- Desired skills: React, Jenkins, Test automations, experience with AWS, Monitoring/Debugging tools: Splunk, NewRelic, DataDog, Extrahop.