West Palm Beach,
with one of our direct clients in
West Palm Beach, Florida
for initial contract duration of
No third party candidates considered for this position. US citizens and all those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
Our Client is a Marketing + Media Agency by Client with expertise in Branding + Creative + Media + Research. Our data-driven, wildly creative, digital SME’s tell powerful brand stories fluently in all media. We exist to change minds and move markets. Our mantras are: more talent, less ego; be kind and direct; default to yes; keep the idea moving; and play well with others. We are growing fast because we are helping our clients grow.
The winning candidate will be a key team member of a growing agency backed by one of the world’s largest privately-held, global, values-driven corporations.
The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for management of accounting functions within the agency’s management system, Workamajig, timely and accurate client billing and expense reconciliation, proper revenue and expense recognition in accordance with GAAP, reconciliation between Workamajig and Client financial systems, and various financial and administrative functions of the agency.
- Creates and manages client billing records and invoice templates in Workamajig. Creates billing schedules per client contracts.
- Creates monthly client billing worksheets for accounts team. Creates advance bills, pre-bills and/or monthly invoices, as needed.
- Coordinates with corporate finance team on posting all cash receipts from clients. Assists corporate team in the accounts receivable collection process, as needed.
- Reconciles client payments and billings on request.
- Maintains records to provide audit trails of posting to AR and AP ledgers.
- Coordinates between Client and corporate accounts payable team in the setup and payment .Manages vendor records in Workamajig and Strata (for media) to align with Oracle AP.
- Manages expense reporting for office P-card. Enters client charge-backs in Workamajig, as needed.
- Serves as a first-level business approver for Client invoices processed through Oracle. Approves or corrects invoice coding, as needed.
- Posts vendor invoices for media, production and other services to client projects in Workamajig, in alignment with Oracle AP. Manages billed-to-actual media reconciliation on client accounts.
- Works with Director of Operations and corporate finance team on the monthly close process. Reviews project status to determine appropriate revenue and expense recognition in accordance with GAAP.
- Manages journal entries and other accounting functions in Workamajig. Creates journal entry requests for corporate EA team to post in Oracle, as needed.
- Manages month-end data transfers between Workamajig and our corporate financial system, Oracle. Manages monthly reconciliation between systems.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reports for revenue, client and project profitability. Prepares ad hoc reports, on request.
- Assists with other administrative functions, such as requests from clients or vendors for financial information, certificates of insurance, etc, as needed.
Top 5 Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelors in accounting, finance or other business related field.
- Experience managing month-close financial procedures, including posting journal entries and determining revenue recognition.
- Must have strong background in accrual accounting and GAAP, preferably within an advertising agency setting and using an agency management system, such as Workamajig.
- Strong background reconciling accounts. This role will manage a monthly reconciliation between accounting information recorded in our agency management system (Workamajig) and Client corporate financial system (Oracle).
- Strong background reconciling media billed-to-actual costs for client accounts.
- Experience with accrual accounting and GAAP
- Experience working with Oracle EBS, Oracle BI and Smart View for Office
- Experience performing accounting/finance functions within an agency management system (Workamajig preferred)
- Ability to use discretion when handling confidential or sensitive matters
- Advanced Microsoft Excel user
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to foster optimal relationships (Excellent communication skills, both written and oral).
- Detail-oriented. Strong analytical, organizational, critical thinking and problem-solving skills