Sorry, Job Status has been changed to Closed
Windows System Administrator
"Windows System Administrator"
with one of our direct clients in
for initial contract duration of
The successful candidate will serve as Windows Server technical lead and will be assigned to work on various project tasks, including server builds, application installation, application configuration, application infrastructure design, and troubleshooting. The candidate will ensure that assigned tasks are completed by established deadlines and meet regularly with project teams. The candidate will ensure that established processes, procedures, standards and best practices are followed.
The candidate will be responsible for installing, configuring and supporting Microsoft-based infrastructure servers, services and enterprise applications. The candidate will perform regularly scheduled maintenance on systems and apply necessary security patches and updates to operating system, applications, and/or services.
Candidates must be able to review new technologies/applications, identify potential areas of concern (capacity, availability, security, etc.) and make viable recommendations to management and/or business units. Candidates must be self-motivated and be project/goal-oriented.
Prefer candidates that have recent related Microsoft certifications (MCSA for Windows Server 2012/2016 or MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure for Windows Server 2012/2016) or relevant exams passed (70-413 & 70-414) or demonstrated equivalent knowledge and years of experience.
Job Specific Areas and minimum years of experience:
The preferred candidate will have broad / in-depth knowledge in most of the following areas.
- Automated Provisioning of new systems
- Implement and maintain one or more of the following:
- Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 (minimum of 5 years of experience)
- Microsoft Hyper-V 2012/2016/2019 (minimum of 3 plus years of experience)
- Windows Server 2012/2016 Core Services (minimum 5 years of experience)
- Active Directory
- Certificate Services
- Office 365 Administration
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 or later (3 plus years of experience)
- System Center Configuration Manager (3 plus years of experience)
- Third-party application support to include but not limited to one or more of the following:
- Enterprise Backup (Veeam, Commvault)
- Mobile Device Management (AirWatch, Microsoft Intune)
- Citrix products (Netscaler, XenApp, XenDesktop, etc.)
- Symantec Endpoint Protection
- Dell Open Manage Essentials
- System Center Operations Manager
- Cisco Email Security
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2016, or 2019 administration experience
- Microsoft Hyper-V administration and design experience
- Microsoft Windows Server Core services such as Active Directory, DHCP, DFS, ADFS, Certificate Services, IIS, DNS, etc
- Microsoft Exchange Server (2010 or Later) Administration, Configuration, and Design experience
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager Administration and Configuration
- Microsoft Office 365 Administration and Migration experience
- Enterprise Backup Experience with Veeam and / or Commvault backup software
- Mobile Device Management Experience with AirWatch and / or Microsoft Intune
- Citrix administration experience with NetScaler load balancers, XenApp and XenDesktop
- Automated Provisioning of new systems (both physical and virtual)
- Microsoft Powershell scripting experience
- Work Experience Providing Best Practice Windows Server Set-up & Configuration