with one of our direct clients in
for initial contract duration of
No third party candidates considered for this position. US citizens and all those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
SUPCHN: Plans, implements and controls the efficient, effective flow and storage of goods, services, and related information from the point of origin to the point of consumption in order to meet internal customers' requirements. Responsible for the purchase of telecommunications equipment, parts, and related goods and services to meet the needs of the Company nationwide. Manages the corporate Logistics, Warehouse, and Bar Coding processes. Develops and implements Inventory Control systems, policies and procedures in a Shared Services environment. Maintains primary oversight of corporate contract negotiations for purchase agreements and service level agreements.
- Solicits formal and informal bids for requested goods and services, taking into account price, terms, delivery, compatibility, total cost of products and the supplier's ability to meet their responsibilities.
- Assists in an on-going review of current suppliers and actively seek new suppliers.
- Coordinate with suppliers to facilitate expediting purchase orders to insure timely deliveries of the correct products.
- Serves as an agent to guide Client supplier diversity efforts by providing data monitoring, evaluation, status reports and program communication.
- Provides analysis of data regarding inventory control & trend reports to facilitate decision making.
- Provides guidance to the field personnel as required to ensure that physical control of warehoused material is maintained within acceptable standards.
- Assist in the establishment of min/max and reorder levels; identification of excess materials and disposal or transfer between distribution centers.
- Maintains the accuracy of data necessary to identify and track inventory and ensures material additions meet required guidelines as set forth by Engineering and Material Evaluation Committee.
- Manages, directs and leads all conversion activities in relationship to purchasing and distribution software.
Typical Training / Experience - Typically requires BS/BA or Associates degree in related discipline; Generally 2-5 years of experience in related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas
Dept/Org Scope & Impact - Fully competent and productive professional contributor, working independently on larger, moderately complex projects/assignments that have direct impact on department and area results
Problem Complexity - Performs full range of standard professional level work that typically requires processing and interpreting, Identifies problems and possible solutions and takes appropriate action to resolve more complex, less clearly-defined issues. Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information or inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data
Autonomy - Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual complex problems or issues; Work review typically involves periodic review of output by supervisor and/or direct 'customers' of the process
Knowledge - Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of particular field of specialization to the completion of moderately complex assignments. Solid knowledge of organization's technologies and practices Influence/People Leadership - May provide general guidance/direction or train junior level support and professional personnel