with one of our direct clients in
for initial contract duration of
The Client is seeking one experienced Project Manager to work in the Public Health Division. The Project Manager will facilitate project initiation, planning, measurement and control activities for a variety of projects associated with the Client projects portfolio.
Broadly, the position consists of some or all of the following activities:
Start-up: chartering project objectives; defining project scope; building the project team; creating initial project budgets; identifying stakeholders; setting up project governance structures; creating project control processes and artifacts
Planning: facilitating the development of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and drafting project plans; setting up project tools and infrastructure; conducting initial meetings with governance groups; creating project controls for issue, risk and financial management; beginning project reporting and task management / measurement
Business Requirements: facilitating the work of teams in translating business objectives and vision into clear business requirements
Technical Requirements: facilitate work with technical teams and system integrators to deliver functionality and needs as defined in the business requirements
Requirements Traceability: possesses strong understanding of the importance and methods utilized to have sound requirements traceability from contract through implementation.
Solution design: facilitating the work of teams in defining concepts and principles for “as-is” and “to-be” states; conducting gap, process and workflow analysis
Solution implementation: executing project implementation activities to install; monitor and manage solution in whole or in phases
Implementation assurance: facilitate the work of teams in monitoring and correcting the solution to create a stable operational system for ongoing use
Project Closeout: conducting lessons learned workshops; archiving project artifacts and documentation; measuring business objectives to compare with project outcomes; turning over solution to operational management
Note: Candidates may drive, or assist/facilitate others in driving, the tasks above depending on experience. Specific regular duties for this position is listed in “Duties”, below.
The qualified candidate(s) will possess:
- Medium to Large-scale project experience
- Very strong skills in managing project management systems and tools.
- Strong facilitation and team leadership capabilities
- Previous project leadership experience; including other project managers
- Solid understanding of Project Management and Systems Development lifecycles
- Verbal and written communication agility
Duties: Under the general direction of Public Health management and defined project leadership, implements and operates critical project management processes within PMLC guidelines and best practice. Assists in the development, creation and maintenance of project plans, artifacts and associated reporting. Assists with financial reporting and controls as directed. Works with other projects and PMs to integrate and manage project plans, tasks and reporting. Communicates formally and informally with project leadership as directed. Works independently with diverse groups to proactively identify and execute on areas where project tools, project process or project infrastructure can be used to facilitate better outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Candidate may substitute 3 years of work experience for 1 year of education.
- At least five, preferably seven years of medium to large-scale project experience in a project management role.
- At least five, preferably seven years of strong experience with project planning, resource planning, and work plan development, and project management processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to gather and provide information effectively when under pressure, regardless of audience.
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and have exceptional collaboration skills with all levels of business and technical staff.
- Strong organization, planning, problem solving, and decision making skills. Comfortable prioritizing and managing multiple tasks with minimal direction.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).
- Complete fluency in speaking and writing in the English language is required.
- Experience with multiple project management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, LEAN)
- Preferred seven years of medium to large-scale project experience in a project management role.
- Preferred seven years of strong experience with project planning, resource planning, work plan development, and project management processes.
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) including: requirements gathering, design, development, testing, training, quality assurance, development methods/techniques, testing methods/techniques and implementation planning and execution.
- PMI certification preferred.
- Experience with enterprise project portfolio management development.
- Preferred experience with use of Workfront, Jira and Confluence.
- Preferred experience using SAFe Agile.