- Experience in one or more programming or scripting languages– Python, Perl, Bash etc
- Experience using HTML, XML, JSON, Web Services (REST, SOAP), and SNMP
- Experience monitoring and administration of Windows and Linux (RHEL) servers
- Experience in installing and maintaining VMware infrastructure
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking (firewalls, routers, etc.) and network security fundamentals
- Experience working with databases (e.g. MySQL, Apache Cassandra, Mongo DB)
- Experience with Backup and Recovery methods; proficient with MS Office applications including Visio.
- Familiarity with DOCSIS, HFC-Cable Video systems, etc is a plus
- Familiarity with current industry standard applications and tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, NETCONF, YANG models, Git, Jenkins, New Relic, Splunk, Virtualization, DevOps, CI/CD, Amazon Web Services
- Identity Management/LDAP experience plus
- Proactive, independent self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Successful candidate will be comfortable working remotely, self-driven and willing to work to come up to speed quickly in Client’s initiatives. This role requires working closely with and supporting Client full-time subject matter experts and team leads with the goal being to become capable of independently driving operations related activities and software testing and ongoing process improvement for the projects and tasks the individual will be working on.
Required Education And Experience:
TECHNA: New Typical Training / Experience - Typically requires BS/BA or Associates degree in related discipline; Generally 2-5 years of experience in related field; certification is required in some areas OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in related field. Certification is required in some areas
Dept/Org Scope & Impact - Fully competent and productive professional contributor, working independently on larger, moderately complex projects/assignments that have direct impact on department and area results
Problem Complexity - Performs full range of standard professional level work that typically requires processing and interpreting, Identifies problems and possible solutions and takes appropriate action to resolve more complex, less clearly-defined issues. Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information or inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data
Autonomy - Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual complex problems or issues; Work review typically involves periodic review of output by supervisor and/or direct 'customers' of the process
Knowledge - Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of particular field of specialization to the completion of moderately complex assignments. Solid knowledge of organization's technologies and practices
Influence/People Leadership - May provide general guidance/direction or train junior level support and professional personnel