Sr. Database Administrator
"Sr. Database Administrator"
with one of our direct clients in
for initial contract duration of
No third party candidates considered for this position. US citizens and all those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
The Sr DBA is responsible for evangelizing and providing technical expertise related to specific Oracle EBS applications, helping to define business requirements, designing, and developing customizations, conversions, and interfaces. He/She plays a role in application analysis, design, configuration, and support, providing advice and guidance, and monitoring emerging technologies.
- Administer, Upgrade and Manage Oracle EBS Applications and EBS Databases.
- Assist in Tuning, PL-SQL Coding, Backup and Recovery of EBS Databases running on Oracle Cloud.
- Assists in the definition of end user requirements, functionality specifications, and deliverables for specific platform and provides estimates for work effort required.
- Designs new and modifies existing customizations, conversions and interfaces as necessary.
- Designs dashboards, correlation rules, alerts and reports.
- Maintains all technical deliverables including technical design specifications and documentation of all configuration changes.
- Works with software test engineers to provide testing frameworks.
- Familiar with Ansible or other automation technologies.
- Identifies single point of failure and operational gaps and weaknesses and develops plans for remediation and improvements.
Target Years of Exp: 5-7
Top 5 Must Haves: Oracle EBS App Hands on Administration, Database Tuning, Ansible, Oracle Cloud, DBA on call
Oracle EBS, Oracle PL-SQL, Tuning, Oracle Core Database, Ansible. Pega, Salesforce, Informatica, TIBCO, CA Service Virtualization, Rally, Quality Center, Service Now, Akamai, Amazon Web Services, Cassandra, Hadoop, MYSQL
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education.
- Masters may be preferred in some areas
- Working experience of analysis, design, and programming
- Working experience of application lifecycle methodologies (e.g., waterfall, agile, iterative)
- 5 – 8 years of working experience