Senior Aion (CA) Applications Developer
"Senior Aion (CA) Applications Developer"
with one of our direct clients in
for initial contract duration of
The online system is an integrated client/server based software system. The client software executes on Windows 7 and resides on Windows 2008 servers located throughout the State. Computer Associates Gen and AION toolsets are used to generate windows and C code, along with custom in-house architecture code written in C. The server components are Z/OS CICS transactions. The CICS programs are Gen-generated COBOL, along with in-house written COBOL and Assembler externals. The CICS programs access DB2 on the Z/OS mainframe. The Gen clients use External Call Interface (ECI), IBM’s CICS Universal Client to connect to the Z/OS CICS using TCP/IP protocol. The Gen online system consists of over 660 client procedures, 650 server procedures, 630 windows, and 1540 dialog boxes. The AION online system supports the complex eligibility data gathering and automated determination and noticing processes.
Client web applications consist of public applications, including dashboard applications, and applications launched directly from Client. Eclipse is the IDE used to generate the Java Server Faces and Facelets code. These Java applications run on Tomcat application servers on the Linux Operating System and Windows servers. The Java applications call stored procedures to access DB2 data and SQL to access SQL server data.
The primary role of the Client team today is to maintain and enhance the Client application. This includes providing users with technical and business support to keep the system current with government policy and industry technology, both of which continue to change at a rapid pace. The Client team works in the Golds Building in Lincoln. Business and technical contract and full-time State team members are organized into teams that are involved in application development (Gen, AION, COBOL, Web, Reporting), technical architecture (workstation communications, mainframe communications, print architecture, reporting architecture administration, document imaging administration), database administration, configuration management, project management, business requirements and testing, application and production support, and training. Approximately 35 technical and 30 business team members are assigned to the Client team.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with production support of a large, complex application including the ability to resolve problems in constrained timeframes.
- Experience working as part of a large software development team using structured procedures and guidelines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to gather and provide information effectively, regardless of audience.
- Strong collaboration, service, and interpersonal skills with various levels of business and technical team members and management.
- Strong analytical skills that include working directly with business analysts and business sponsors to determine sound technical solutions for business requirements.
- Strong organization, planning, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Strong prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
Mandatory Aion Developer Requirements: all mandatory requirements must be met by experience current within the last year
- At least 3 years software development experience with the Aion toolset, version 11 or above. Experience must be in support of a large, complex application with AION executing on a Microsoft Windows client.
- At least 3 years experience with relational databases, including logical design and understanding of physical design components.
- At least 3 years experience translating complex relational database tables into an object model design supporting a large Aion application. Experience translating business requirements to an object model design, including defining the interface between business tasks and a large existing data model. Experience taking advantage of inheritance and polymorphism in implementing that design. Experience blending new class structures into a large existing Aion application.
- At least 3 years experience with configuration management of Aion objects.
- At least 5 years full lifecycle software development experience. Software development experience must be in support of a large, complex application system.
- Experience designing and implementing GUI windows using the Aion toolset.
- Experience implementing application security using RACF.
- Experience with the configuration management of objects using SVN Version Manager.
- Working knowledge of the following tools: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Visio.
- Experience managing small-to-medium projects or components of larger projects.