Sorry, Job Status has been changed to Closed
Application Developer IV
"Application Developer IV"
with one of our direct clients in
for initial contract duration of
Our client is a shared service provider for the client. Client provides the technology systems and services that support more than 15,000 client agency staff at local offices and facilities around the state. These systems and services help the two agencies determine client service program eligibility; provide medical, housing, food, and job assistance; provide addiction, mental health, vocational and rehabilitative services; protect children, seniors, and people with physical and/or developmental disabilities; process claims and benefits; manage provider licensing and state hospital facilities and promote and protect the state public health.
The Health & Service Equity Transformation program is focused on addressing health inequities utilizing Race, Ethnicity, Language, Disability/Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (REALD/SOGI) demographic information. A client seeks an experienced Application Developer IV to provide advanced Power Platform Developer-level support to the Public Facing Survey Tool, which is currently undergoing conversion to the Microsoft Power Platform.
The Key Person will provide expertise and leadership to analyze, plan, develop, integrate, implement, and coordinate the operations, maintenance, installation, and construction of information systems. The Key Person will serve as a specialist dealing essentially with software development, support, and maintenance. Job duties will include planning, analysis, problem-solving, and application development. This position supports projects for the REALD/SOGI implementation efforts by analyzing business requirements, gathering functional and non-functional requirements, developing conceptual models, and participating in the development of detailed designs for systems and components.
The Key Person will be responsible for supporting the successful implementation of technology solutions through collaboration with other team members, IT staff, and business partners. The Key Person will also participate in research on possible solutions and make recommendations based on findings; assist in the development of proposals that outline feasibility and costs; suggest, design, test, implement, and evaluate solutions.
Scope of work:
- Construct systems software and software interfaces at a highly advanced level of technology and sophistication
- Maintenance of complex software products and systems
- Address and remediate security vulnerability findings in PowerApps
- Integrate Power BI Reports and dashboards into PowerApps
- Develop, analyze and apply model-Driven Apps, Automations, and Customizations, including entity and form creation, workflow, process automation, business rules, reports, dashboard, and system configuration
- Review business requirements for the purpose of designing technical solutions or perform changes to existing software
- Diagnose technical problems and design technical solutions
- Develop and maintain solution documentation
- Safeguard software and data repositories and supervise recovery as required
- Install and test off-the-shelf, public domain or otherwise outsourced software and design any necessary interfaces to existing systems
- Coordinate with the project manager and project team and follow Software Development Lifecycle Process for application development
- Analyze and evaluate change requests and the effects on existing systems
- Provide operational support for software and data systems running regularly in production mode
- Provide technical support for the maintenance and tuning of these systems
- Interpret and design database models (Common Data Service, SQL Server, XML etc.)
- Conduct feasibility research for proposed/requested system changes
- Multi-task effectively between projects
- Satisfy requirements, meet agreed completion dates, and perform unit & integration testing
- Provide proposed enchantments and system changes that address business system change requests
- Support cross-functional project teams consisting of app development, IT operations, and business staff
- Knowledge of Software Development technology stacks such as .NET, Power Platform, IIS, Azure DevOps, SQL Server, Common Data Service, Power Automate, etc.
- Python and C++ - Advanced capabilities
- Power Fx - Expert level
- Skilled Power BI Reports experience and capabilities
- Solid understanding of the Agile/Scrum Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to assist with the development of business use cases, user stories or other agile software development requirements gathering and documentation methodologies
- Ability to develop new applications from beginning to end as well as maintain existing applications in more than one modern programming language
- Ability to take high-level, customer-driven ideas and turn them into actionable software requirements
- Basic understanding of PowerApps and Flow licensing plans
- Experience with Azure DevOps or other Development Operations tools
- Ability to work with little guidance when performing complex development functions, establishing personal work priorities, and resolving issues in alignment with the unit’s technical standards, practices, frameworks, and paradigms
- Experience using modern source control systems, testing practices, code, and design review tools and processes
- Strong working knowledge of modern relational database design, modeling, and manipulation
- This position is approved for remote work—highly conditional upon proven capabilities, proficiency with work, and ability to communicate consistently and appropriately to the degree required for the work.
- Remote onboarding will be required for the first day.