Sorry, Job Status has been changed to Cancelled
Container Security Consultant
"Container Security Consultant"
with one of our direct clients in
No third party candidates considered for this position. US citizens and all those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
Our Client is looking for a Container Security Consultant who will report to the Manager, Application and Container Security.
Are you experimentation-driven, bold, result-oriented, customer-focused, and able to influence others to achieve success at scale? Do you want to lead the architecture of enterprise scale security solutions in containers? Are you excited to design enterprise scale container security architectures giving security operations unprecedented capability and agility? Do you enjoy driving fast-paced complex projects focused on game changing business outcomes?
As a member of the Container Security Team, you will have the opportunity to pioneer security architectures supporting meaningful business initiatives. Building on those experiences, you’ll collaborate with the business to design enterprise architectures that enable new features, innovate with new technologies, and explore new challenges.
Successful candidates will demonstrate strong business acumen and possess a blend of general business, technology and security competencies. Specifically, this individual will have a versatile background, critical thinking and analytical capabilities, as well as a proven ability to bridge organizational boundaries to implement security controls and risk mitigation strategies.
- Work collaboratively across multi-disciplinary teams throughout the company as a subject matter expert in container security with solution and implementation focus.
- Designs, builds, and implements enterprise-class security systems for production container environments for both private and public cloud.
- Define security policies and controls to enable integrating existing, and new applications into a secrets management solution.
- Work with DevOps teams to adopt delivering applications and services in a DevSecOps pipeline.
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend changes or enhancements.
- Mentor and invest in the development of team members.
- Stay up-to date with emerging technologies and capabilities in the ever growing container landscape – what should we be doing next.
- Identifies, proposes, and influences product selection and delivery, negotiates security deliverables and requirements with product teams and vendors.
- Establish functional strategic goals for improving security, solutions and services. Initiate and direct activity aligned with achieving improvement goals.
Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be considered for this U.S. based job. (Reasonable accommodations for medical and religious objections will be considered.)
- 8+ years of experience working across multiple security domains (security architecture, operations, design, or development) (several of which focused on enterprise-scale Kubernetes deployments).
- Strong understanding of Kubernetes and Container Security.
- Strong understanding of securing the end-to-end image/container lifecycle from the build to production deployment.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD workflows and toolsets – Jenkins, Gitlab, JIRA
- Experience with adopting and implementing a Secrets management solution.
- Experience securing workloads in On-Prem and Cloud container environments (Rancher, Anthos, AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience shaping security architecture for enterprises as part of a container adoption strategy.
- Experience with moving an organization from a DevOps pipeline to DevSecOps pipeline for delivery.
- BS/BA in a related discipline (i.e., Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, etc.); and/or 8 years of experience in related field.
- At least one relevant Security focused certification – CISSP, CCSP, Cloud Specific Associate/Professional, CISM, CISA, etc..
- At least one relevant Kubernetes certification – CKA, CKAD, CKSS
- Experience with container security solutions – CSPM, CWPP solutions
- Experience with secrets management solutions – Hashicorp Vault and/or Consul
- Experience building enterprise security strategy for container adoption or driving the program's evolution to meet new requirements.
- Demonstrated experience overcoming container migration security challenges.
- Hands-on technical expertise in building security capabilities in code and deploying infrastructure as code, policy as code – Ansible, Terraform, Open Policy Agent
- Telecom/Cable industry experiences a plus.