Sorry, Job Status has been changed to Closed
Lead Platform Engineer
"Lead Platform Engineer"
with one of our direct clients in
for initial contract duration of
No third party candidates considered for this position. US citizens and all those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
Function as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions on the ServiceNow Platform. Help to create technology solutions to meet clients' business needs. Define system requirements, design, prototype, and test technology solutions. Execute all phases of the SDLC, including requirements gathering, designing workflows, configuring features, qa & uat testing, and training end users.
- Works with the Product team in an agile scrum to understand the challenges that users face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
- Recommends viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
- Provides input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
- Contributes to solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems.
- Understands technical architecture and designs solutions that are aligned with agreed upon standards.
- Performs trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary.
- Provides ongoing support and guidance to end users.
Advice and Guidance:
- Actively collaborates with other platform engineers and software engineers providing input where appropriate
Emerging Technology Monitoring:
- Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
Focus on Customers: Promoting and living customer service as a value. Ensuring that the (internal or external) customer’s needs are a driving force behind priorities, decisions, processes, and activities.
Drive Results:Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and sense of urgency for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
Develop Self and/or Others: Planning and supporting the development of knowledge, skills, and abilities to fulfill current or future job responsibilities more effectively.
Champion Change: Actively engaging and supporting change and innovation by communicating the future-state, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
Value Others: Gaining other people’s trust by “doing the right thing,” demonstrating openness and honesty, behaving consistently, supporting an inclusive work environment and acting in accordance with legal, moral, ethical, professional, and organizational guidelines in support of our Values.
Build Relationships: Building, leveraging and maintaining relationships within and across work groups.
Top 5 Must Haves:
- Need strong communication and consultative skills.
- Certified Sys Admin, ITIL Cert (both desired),
- Experience with IT operations management, understand service catalog, workflow, must have supported ServiceNow somewhere.
- Familiar with Agile at Scale, worked in a scrum team helpful
- Need to understand CMDB
- Consultative and understand platform and config experience. Not necessarily development but configuration.
- AI OPS or ITOM experience a plus
- Mngt/leadership experience a plus
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills and ability adapt to varied audiences
- Ability to capture requirements, design workflow, and deliver solutions
- Understanding of business processes, workflows, analysis, and critical problem solving.
- Understanding of IT Service Management processes.
- Knowledge of application lifecycle methodologies (e.g. agile, iterative)
Professional Technology Skills (the professional technology skills you need to be able to do the job):
Solution Design :
- Designs solutions within the platform, enterprise or industry architecture.
- Develop effective implementation and procurement strategies, consistent with business needs.
- Ensure adherence to relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices.
- Adheres to standards and procedures across the technology service lifecycle (including the development lifecycle) in the areas of systems integration and testing and ensures that practitioners adhere to them.
Design application enhancements to improve business performance.
- Experience with configuration and prototyping on ServiceNow in a large enterprise environment
- Working in an Agile Team environment
- Certified ServiceNow System Administrator
- Certified ITIL Foundation