Information Technology Manager
"Information Technology Manager"
with one of our direct clients in
No third party candidates considered for this position. US citizens and all those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
We seek an experienced and motivated Information Technology Manager who is committed to empowering business stakeholders with technology and services that facilitate effective processes, collaboration, and communication. This role will be responsible for the development, maintenance, and support of our core business systems and solutions.
The IT Manager’s role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT Department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. This individual will plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. The IT Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization, including all business applications. This person will also define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Monitor daily operations, including server hardware, software, and business applications
- Oversee and determine timeframes for major IT projects including helpdesk, system updates, upgrades, migrations, and outages
- Ensure that applications meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues
- Audit existing IT landscape for the organization and provide innovative recommendations for improvements that support best practices
- Identify and procure new and replacement hardware, software and services as needed
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all business applications and IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Test, troubleshoot, and modify information systems so that they operate effectively
- Provide and oversee technical support for all team members and company locations
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Liaise with company’s software suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies.
- Effectively manage vendor and contractor relationships, ensuring quality and timeliness of projects ensuring success
- Compile and maintain inventory of company software and hardware assets and any corresponding contracts/agreements.
- Manage cellular and wireless devices / systems
- Evaluate technology risks in order to develop and maintain a network disaster recovery plan and backup procedures
- Manage financial aspects of the IT Department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Remain up to date with advances in technology and industry best practices
- Develop and implement IT Standard Operations Procedures and Guidelines
- Coordinate technology onboarding/offboarding, and train existing team members on new systems
- Generate performance reports for operating systems
- Ensure IT activities are performed within the parameters of applicable laws, codes, and regulations
Other duties as assigned:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, computer science, or related field
- 5 – 7 years of industry related proven experience managing IT infrastructure and services
- Experience with key business applications – Finance, CRM, Field Management
- Experience with computer networks, network administration, and network installation
- Proficient in computer hardware, cabling installation and support, wireless technology applications and interface, and IT security
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows software, including Operating Systems and Office365
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Proven experience in managing IT infrastructure and services with onsite as well as remote workers, including proficiency in wireless technology applications, interfaces and IT security
- Successful track record in setting priorities; keen organization and problem-solving skills
- Excellent relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and contractors
- Ability to be flexible in order to meet the needs of the business
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
- A collaborative project manager: Can manage multiple projects involving different individuals, teams and vendors to meet collective goals on time and with excellence, and can model and extend these practices throughout the organization
- Integrity and experience managing IT budgets
- An excellent ambassador: Can clearly communicate both one-to-one as well as widely