Sr Software Engineer
"Sr Software Engineer"
with one of our direct clients in
for initial contract duration of
Our client, is seeking a Java Engineer to join our Damage Reference Data Management team located in Atlanta, Georgia. As a Java Engineer, you will be a pivotal member of the team, responsible for developing critical applications utilizing primarily Java, React & AWS services.
You will work on projects that span technologies, systems, and processes where you will design, test, and ship high quality code every day. In this cross functional role, you will collaborate with architecture, product management, and operations to build mission critical internal and external features that enable core APIs for Client.
Our client is a family-run operation that began nearly 120 years ago. As part of this great family business, we treat our team members and clients like they’re just that — family. This atmosphere has been instrumental to our success and has shaped our willingness to fuel epic innovation, drive unprecedented growth and deliver the mind-blowing, needle-moving, connected experience we promise.
Our Client is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars. Come join the transformation!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Aid in design and maintain the integrity of solutions.
- Work directly with stakeholders to understand real world problems in our domain.
- Design and deliver technical solutions to business and product problems.
- Evolve problem statements into actionable items that enable the team to deliver measurable value.
- Demonstrate ownership of initiatives and drive them through to completion.
- Working in a continuous integration, testing, and delivery SDLC employing automation
- Eager to dig into problems and bring proposed solutions to group discussion.
- Open to feedback and able to creatively adapt multiple ideas into a solution.
- Analytical skills and the ability to pay careful attention to detail.
- Technical writing including high- and low-level diagramming techniques.
- Provides input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning
- Take part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work
- Degree in CS/SE or comparable work
- 5+ years professional software development experience
Target Years of Exp: 5
Top 5 Must Haves: Java, Springboot, React, AWS (EC2, ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, RDS MySQL, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, API Gateway, Lambda, SQS), REST APIs
- Strong coding, debugging and problem-solving skills in Java, Spring / Spring Boot, Quartz, React
- Experience with the AWS Services (EC2, ELB, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, RDS MySQL, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, API Gateway, Lambda, SQS)
- Experience implementing REST APIs
- Experience in writing complex SQL Queries
- Experience developing microservices architecture
- Experience with CI/CD - Jenkins, Maven, unit testing, and IAC tools
- Experience with software engineering on-call rotations
- Development in Agile Scrum methodology
- Experience with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.)
- Experience maintaining application documentation and creating API specifications
- Experience mentoring/leading newer or less experienced team members
- Exposure to concepts like the Well-Architected Framework and the Twelve Factor App
- Public speaking skills
- Experience working with monitoring tools like NewRelic, DataDog, Splunk, etc.
- Experience with AWS CDK, GitHub Actions