Sorry, Job Status has been changed to Declined
Senior Software Engineer
"Senior Software Engineer"
with one of our direct clients in
for initial contract duration of
No third party candidates considered for this position. US citizens and all those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
DECLINED REASON: Did not find a good match
The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the creation and maintenance of web and mobile based software applications as required, to support the program goals at Client. The successful candidate must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. This role requires the ability to work with little direct supervision on multiple projects concurrently. Additionally, the Senior Engineer must be willing and able to coordinate the work of junior staff as well as lead the engineering team. Superior communication skills, the ability to work across the organization, excellent analytical skills, a professional demeanor and the ability to participate in an Agile team environment are keys to this position.
Senior Engineers are responsible for the analysis, estimation, design, implementation, deployment, management and daily operations of the technology infrastructure. They are also tasked with driving and implementing operational improvements through optimization of system performance, automation and judicious use of technology. Technology architecture strength and operational rigor are capabilities needed to successfully execute this position.
The successful candidate we seek must have a demonstrable track record of achieving success in a dynamic, fast-paced start up environment. Superior communication skills, the ability to work across the organization, excellent analytical skills, a professional demeanor and the ability to participate in a team environment are keys to this position. Strong experience in multiple Object Oriented programming languages is a must (React, Angular, Node, Ruby)
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
A committed employee who works towards the success of the Team. Completing assignments in a timely manner and helping/leading other team members.
- Ability to standup prototype applications
- Adding new features to our auction software
- Work in a team environment applying both Agile methodologies SCRUM and Extreme Programming (XP).
- Ensuring our Agile team philosophy is followed and promoted, strong relationship building with the QA, BA, and Business Owners is central to this role
- Thrive to understand our industry to become a strong partner in the team, and a better consultant to our business owners
- Ability to lead the engineering team
- Ability to mentor more junior engineers as well as other team members in our QA roles
- Work with our Quality Assurance, Release Engineering, and Site Operations teams to get our releases into production
- Assist in production support and oncall duty as needed
- Providing recommendations on tools to monitor and support all environments and implement as necessary
- Making process and systems improvement recommendations to assist the business in achieving its goals and objectives, leveraging best practices and professional experiences
- Collaborating closely with and assisting Site Operation and Quality Assurance teams when required to ensure timely delivery of new systems, enhancements and bug fixes
- Takes ownership in projects and suggests revising, repairing or expanding existing programs to increase operating efficiency.
- Develop and maintain unit tests for software components in development
- Maintain and develop expert knowledge of industry best practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5-15 years development experience in several Object-Oriented languages (React, Angular, Node, Ruby)
- 3+ years in managing software applications including web based
- 3+ years’ experience working in large-scale high-performance web environments
- Strong leadership qualities with a proven track record
- Strong data analysis and basic statistics skills.
- Strong knowledge of web application frameworks and patterns (Struts, Spring, Rails, JSF, MVC)
- Experience writing SQL queries and strong knowledge of relational database structures
- Ability to successfully resolve stressful production issues
- Application build tools experience like Ant, Maven, and Rake
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration tools like Cruisecontrol, Hudson, or Jenkins
- Excellent code level unit testing skills
- Automated test designs
- Strong experience with repository tools like Subversion or Git
- Experience using Application Servers
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- User Interface (UI) development experience
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
Target Years of Exp: 3
Top 5 Must Haves: HTML, CSS, UI Frameworks, Responsive Web Design, Design Systems
- Semantic markup
- Pseudo states vs pseudo elements
- Global vs page-level vs inline
- CSS Pre and post processors
- Sass, Less, post-css
- Browser Support
- OS and Browser Vendors
- RWD (Responsive Web Design)
- Input types
- Click, touch, etc
- Page Performance
- UI frameworks
- Twitter BootStrap, Tailwind, etc.
- Build Tools
- Understanding UX roles
- Design Systems
- Basic AWS knowledge
- Jenkins or other CD/CI tool
- Expert knowledge of object-oriented programming techniques
- Multithreaded application development
- Mobile development including Objective C for the iOS Apple platform
- SOA experience with strong familiarity with SOAP, REST, JMS…
- Familiarity with NoSQL
- Experience with one or more agile development methodologies, like SCRUM or XP
- Unix admin knowledge