Sorry, Job Status has been changed to Closed
Construction Planner I
"Construction Planner I"
with one of our direct clients in
Las Vegas, Nevada
for initial contract duration of
No third party candidates considered for this position. US citizens and all those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
CONSTR: Constructs, builds, repairs, and inspects Hybrid Fiber Coax (HFC) networks to provide voice, video, and data to residential and commercial customers. Coordinates with other utilities for permits, joint trench, pole applications, and service issues.
- Construction Planner I -Performs field engineering of proposed projects and ensures alternative routing delivers the most cost-effective design for construction.
- Coordinates all customer implementation activities including site walk-throughs, node placements and subcontract labor.
- coordinates contractor work, coordinate and/or obtains permits, access, or ROW agreements where applicable, distributes design prints and other necessary working documents. Negotiates and approves design or construction changes.
- researchers and reviews plan gathers necessary data and listing material requirements for project.
- Coordinates with public works personnel, developers, commercial customers, building owners, and utilities on joint trench projects.
- Maintains workflow databases and updates schedules. Participates in managing and estimating (revenue-delete) cost forecasts, material planning, capital, and expense budgets.
- Estimates construction costs, prepare budgets, and tracks expenses.
- Participates in managing and estimating revenue forecasts, material planning, capital, and expense budgets.
- Verifies serviceability, surveys proposed service routing, and estimates material, construction, and labor costs.
- Initiates customer contacts, coordinates and/or secures access or ROW agreements complete route designs and takes necessary steps to meet customer needs.
- May order materials or coordinate with administrative personnel; may verify and reconcile invoices.
- May plan and allocate fibers for splicing and activation.
- May inspect construction work or coordinate inspection assignments.
- Releases address as serviceable and notify other departments of serviceability.
- As projects are completed, perform tasks to close tasks in the database/tool, reconcile assets, and generate reports to ensure proper closure of the project.
Job Description - The position will be managing multiple projects to expand and protect our fiber network. Tasks involve communicating and coordinating with internal groups like permitting, design, fiber splicing, and change management as well as external contractors to schedule work and ensure quality after completion. Strong knowledge of fiber splicing and construction is needed, a moderate to high level of expertise in Excel and other computer programs in general, and permitting knowledge is a bonus
Top 5 Must Haves:
Computer skills (Office, especially Excel)
Good organizational and communication skills
Able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize them effectively