Senior Technical Writer
"Senior Technical Writer"
with one of our direct clients in
for initial contract duration of
No third party candidates considered for this position. US citizens and all those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
The Sr HR Technical Writer /Copywriter is responsible is responsible for designing, creating, revising, and publishing global HR content for various digital workplace solutions: Company Intranet – SharePoint, HR Knowledge Base -ServiceNow, and virtual assistant dialogues. This role requires a deep knowledge and understanding of HR processes, programs, and practices to be strategic about the work they do in partnership with our SMEs as well as considering how to position our content together in a more meaningful, integrated way.
This role will provide content strategy, creation, and support in all areas of HR (Pay, Time, Talent Acquisition, Policy, Talent Management, Leaves, Benefits, Performance Management, Compensation, Recruiting, Relocation, HR Systems and Forms, etc..) ensuring adherence to the established standards and governance set in place. Additionally, this role will drive the HR self-service strategy and vision through the creation of global HR content for end users: creating, revising, conducting peer and SME reviews, publication, and coordination efforts with the HR CoEs, Employee Service Centers, and Information Technology (IT).
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Creating HR content (User Guides, FAQs, Checklists, Knowledge Articles, Campaigns, Process Maps, Policies, Infographics, etc.) for programs and processes and requires a deep knowledge of HR practices.
- Working on other content-based projects as required, including UAT testing, requirements gathering, analytics gathering and analysis, hosting focus groups, researching and implementing best practices in UX and Technical Writing,
- Quickly developing and flipping content on multiple projects in various stages while adhering to project deadlines.
- Applying multiple writing styles (HR Communications, Campaigns, Minimalism, UX Writing, Knowledge Bases, Policies, Technical Writing) in a detail oriented, adept manner , handling multiple priorities in a fast-moving environment.
- Interviewing Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to gather insights, process, and procedures to develop new content (User Guides, Knowledge articles, help text, FAQs, Checklists, Policies, etc.) for various audiences.
- Writing and editing text to make the product creation process simple and easy for users to consume and comprehend.
- Working closely with Subject Matter Experts to deliver high-quality documentation with minimal supervision.
- Gathering and sorting through quantitative and qualitative data to determine problem areas and opportunities for improvement.
- Analyzing documents across multiple sites to maintain continuity of style, tone, and content layout.
- Conducting quality control and editing documentation for completeness and accuracy
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Technical Writing, Instructional Design, UX Writing/Research, Human Resources, Marketing or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Experience in Knowledge Management/Self-Service Systems, ServiceNow, Shared Services, Knowledge base, Virtual Assistants, or HR Portals/Intranet
- 8+ years of experience in writing for digital platforms (SharePoint, ServiceNow, Workday, Knowledge base) using multiple writing styles. Additional Requirements
- Detail oriented, with very strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven time management skills and the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks of varying complexity with conflicting priorities in a busy working environment.
- Working knowledge of topic-based writing, information mapping and minimalism
- Analytical background - Interpreting data trends in conversions, pageviews, and other user actions to identify opportunities and guide UX design using SharePoint Analytics, Google Analytics, ServiceNow Analytics
- Ability to harmonize content into appropriate writing styles for self-service
- Strong cross-group collaborator with exceptional communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, managers, and HR CoEs
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with impact
- Ability to adhere to policy in the maintenance of confidential information
- Track record of working well in small, large, and highly matrixed group environments
- Strong follow-through ability to see projects to completion without significant oversight required and work to a project plan
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Effectively provide and receive feedback
- Active member of Society of Technical Communication (STC) professional organization
- Employee experience (EX) and User Design/Experience (UI/UX) - Writing for the Web, User Testing, Intranets, Knowledge Management Systems, UX Analytics, HR Communications