Sorry, Job Status has been changed to Closed
Field Support Technician II
"Field Support Technician II"
with one of our direct clients in
for initial contract duration of
No third party candidates considered for this position. US citizens and all those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
A Field Technician is responsible for the installation of workstations and telecommunication peripheral equipment as well as for providing technical support and consultation for desktop, network, and telecommunications. This position provides a level of technical expertise across multiple skill sets to address and resolve the customer’s issues in an acceptable timeframe. Individuals in this position must have solid knowledge of PCs, peripherals, networks, servers, and telecommunications. The Field Technician is responsible for diagnosing and resolving network problems and appropriately referring and supporting complex problems, and providing instruction to end users on basic use of hardware and desktop supported software.
- Available and on call 24/7 with a company cell phone always on.
- Sole on site IT support, personally taking full responsibility for all technology at their auction(s).
- Work without direct supervision.
- Travel expectation: Up to 20% and on occasion with short notice.
Sale Day Support – teams required to report 2 hours prior to every sale. Some sites have night, weekend, or holiday sales. Technician is required to be available.
- Pre-Sale Checklist
- Sale Day Checklist – begins between 6am – 7am at most locations
- Make quick decisions to resolve issues that impact the sale. Use creativity to find work-arounds to restore sale day critical processes.
Lexmark Laser Printer Repairs (~600 incidents per month submitted nationally)
Field Technician will be required to become Lexmark Certified after passing a series of exams.
Field Technician will be expected to repair all Lexmark printers.
- These repairs can be extensive sometimes requiring a few hours of disassembly.
- Technology Point of Contact for “troubleshooting” from teams such as Network Engineering, Infrastructure, Application Support, Telecom, etc. for triage and troubleshooting especially for Severity 1 issues.
- Teams are required to work after hours or weekends to prevent production interruptions to swap out equipment for these teams.
- Create technical documentation to be published and shared in the Service Now knowledgebase.
- Technician Availability and Responsibility for project deployments
Local auction remodel assistance, new lane builds/blocks, new construction, land development, etc.
- Coordination with vendors
- Determining optimal layout and placement for server room facilities.
Network infrastructure upgrades/cutovers
- To minimize downtime and impact to customers these are always performed outside of normal workhours
New technology testing, evaluation, and deployment.
- Setup and configure new equipment
- Documenting and testing
- Training users
- Providing relevant feedback to development teams
Working with Auction Management to insure the technology standards are kept
Troubleshooting and resolving the following (~9000 tickets per month national team):
- Portable Terminals
- Thermal printers
- Tough books / tough pads
- End user Desktops/laptops
- Wireless (especially on the lots)
- Audio / Video
- Set up and Support Mobile and Remote Sales
- Mobile sales usually require up to 5 hours of travel per day.
- Thoroughly understands the variables that impact the customer.
- Strives to exceed customers’ expectations.
- Asks the right questions and investigates problems from all angles to effectively find the root cause.
- Incorporates creativity and innovative thinking into the problem-solving process to meet the unique needs of each customer.
- Makes self-approachable and available to others.
- Responds with a sense of urgency to other team members’ critical tickets.
- Volunteers to assist and support others when needed.
- Remains abreast of industry changes.
- Effectively applies relevant technical processes to appropriate business needs.
- Provides information in a timely fashion and keeps users fully informed of progress and decisions being made.
- Reads books and other resources to expand IT expertise or to learn new techniques.
- Remains vocal about desire to engage in projects or activities that will stretch knowledge or skill set.
- Acts as a trustworthy consultant to management in giving recommendations.
- Uses Auction specific knowledge to provide ad hoc support of other functions as required.
Top 5 Must Haves:
- Softskills, good troubleshooting ability, Good knowledge of networks and printers and have worked with handheld devices
Education:B.S. Degree in computer science or related field is preferred, but not required.
Experience:3-5 years of Service and Support experience
- Strong problem solving and communication skills required.
- Ability to manage relationships while being consistent and providing quality.
- Candidates must also have functional and technical expertise, show initiative, be customer focused, and work well in teams.
- Must be able to independently prioritize daily workload.
- (Degrees, Certifications, Languages): MCSE, A+, CCNP, CCNA, or MCP certifications
- Preferred, Lexmark Certification required within 180 days of employment.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance, color, and depth perception.
- Light lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Work under pressure with time constraints; regular change in work tasks/duties.
- Travel when needed with short notice and be available for after-hours/weekend emergencies.