Senior Project Manager III - Tech
"Senior Project Manager III - Tech"
with one of our direct clients in
for initial contract duration of
No third party candidates considered for this position. US citizens and all those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.
The Sr. Director, Client Integration Management is responsible for the strategy, planning, and guiding the execution of integration of Client acquired companies. As a result, this role will have direct impact on Client growth and efficiency, as well as the Client customer experience. This leader will facilitate senior Client leadership to an aligned integration strategy and plan, supporting the investment thesis of the acquisition. Once the plan is approved, this role and their team will program manage the execution of that plan across multiple cross-functional workstreams, representing the Client value-chain, and involving all core functions within Client. Additionally, this role is accountable for the development of the integration business case, and tracking value realization toward the case objectives. This role directly leads a small team of program leaders, and indirectly leads (highly matrixed) a large team of critical stakeholders to achieve the objectives of the program. This position involves a high level of interaction with a variety of cross-functional departments and functions, up to senior executive (EVP) levels.
Given the strategic and cross-functional nature of the initiatives this person will lead, he/she must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries, with both business and technical teams. This person must also understand how Client operates, from prospecting, to sales, through fulfillment, and service assurance. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, in addition to strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are required. The individual in this role must be a self-starter, with the ability to work autonomously with occasional guidance. The strategic nature of this role requires an individual who can see the bigger picture, with broad business experience, and can formulate strategies and approaches to align with Client’s objectives.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Facilitates senior leaders through the development of an aligned integration strategy for each acquisition
- Forms cross-functional teams and leads these teams through the analysis and development of the strategy supporting the integration opportunity. Directly and indirectly influences others to garner needed resources and support.
- Gains alignment and buy-in from cross-functional senior leaders to the strategy, plan and recommendation
- Works with third parties (e.g. vendors, consultants, partners) to identify best practices that can be adopted by Client as part of the recommendation
- Manages implementation of initiatives, including change management, partnering with professional change management resources
- Works with functional SMEs to develop implementation plans for the respective workstreams.
- Provides leadership and indirect management of cross-functional teams to execute on time and within budget.
- Partner with Finance to develop business cases to support each integration.
- Defines success measures and implements scorecards to support
- Works with functional leaders to define ownership and accountability for workstreams/projects, and execute change management tactics
- Partners with Client Operations PMO to prioritize and secure resources, including capital, required to implement the integration plan
- Maintain effective relationships across Product, Sales, Marketing, Technology, Care, Field Service, Service Assurance, Operations, etc.
- Align the investment plan with the Client Op Model business case to ensure value realization from strategic investments.
- Evaluate key learnings from industry leaders, consultants, and partners that can be applied to Client Business operations
- Confers with and advises subordinates on administrative policies and procedures, priorities and methods
- Recruit, hire, retain, and manage a team of professionals, including the establishment of team and individual goals, providing formal and informal feedback, and assesses performance of team members to ensure performance objectives and expectations are met.
- Develop and present strategies and status to executive management.
- Coaches and develops others to continuously improve individual and team performance and capability.
- 10 or more years of experience required in related field
- Prior acquisition integration experience
- Proven track record of thought leadership and ability to influence decisions at a market and national level.
- Visionary, able to see and influence the new future.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- Demonstrate strong technical and product knowledge.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with and influence senior level executives.
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrable capacity to thrive in a high-change, often ambiguous, business environment.
- Strong ability to organize, analyze, interpret, and disseminate information
- Experience implementing and managing change within cross-functional organizations
- Must possess an internal client service orientation and work collaboratively
- Track record of effectively partnering across different teams within the organization
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Business, etc.)
- 3 or more years experience in leadership roles, managing cross-functional initiatives